Welcome to the Building a professional website using WordPress course. This course is designed for the WordPress Beginner who wants to get online with a professional website that can be shown off to employers or as your home on the internet.
The course was a 10 week course starting from the beginning and working to create your own website. This course is also on-demand. In addition, accessibility will be taught and heavily focused on with instruction for people who are users of assistive technologies. By the end of this course students will:
- Understand what WordPress is and the different versions.
- Explain the different elements needed to get a website online.
- Understand the difference between domain and hosting.
- Explain the types of Web Hosting and what is the best for the website they want to build.
- Understand how Cpanel works and be able to do basic operations
- Understand how to install WordPress using 1-click installers.
- Be able to do post install steps like enable auto updates.
- Disable comments and change other important site settings.
- Be able to explain the differences between a plugin and a theme
- Be able to install GeneratePress theme on website.
- Be able to go into the site customizer and add menu and set static homepage
- Understand the steps to keep your website secure
- Understand how to add forms to your website using Gravity Forms.
- Use updraft+ to backup your website
- Be able to use RankMath for SEO to become more visible to search engines.
- Use JetPack plugin and learn about features.
- Use site kit to install analytics on your website.
- Understand how to make your website Visually presentable
Lesson 2 Oct 12
Oct5 Wp Course Day 1